Folkore Magazine Writer Guidelines
Writing for Folklore Magazine
Folklore Magazine accepts original submissions that share Saskatchewan stories and histories. Many of our submissions describe events or experiences that happened in the past, but (at the discretion of the Editor) we also accept contemporary stories.
Folklore Magazine submissions are often “people stories” – stories of events, daily life, family, humour, and lived experiences, often personal, that share what it is like to live in Saskatchewan.
We enjoy accepting researched history articles, appropriately referenced, as another great way to share Saskatchewan stories.
There is no minimum length for a submission. Max length is approximately 2000 words.
We also accept:
- Poetry and songs;
- Book Reviews; and
- Feature photographs: send in a photo you’d like to share, with a few lines providing some background. For best printing results, photos should be at least 300 dpi.
Submitting to Folklore Magazine
Don't forget to include:
- Your current full mailing address (we need a place to send any payment checks to);
- Phone number; and
- A short bio and a head-and-shoulders picture.
- Winter issue – September 15
- Spring issue – December 15
- Summer issue – March 15
- Autumn issue – June 15
For detailed information on how to submit, writer payments, and more, click here.