Join the Saskatchewan History & Folklore Society, Inc. and get involved with helping to define and understand our shared heritage and culture.
Click on Membership to print out a membership registration form.
The Society works to fulfill its mandate with many programs:
- Folklore Magazine – a quarterly publication retelling Saskatchewan experiences with a personal point of view. Membership to the Society includes Folklore.
- Bulletin – several times a year receive news, opinions & details about current provincial heritage issues.
- Motorcoach Tours – visit well known and not so well known heritage sites, throughout the prairie region.
- Member Funding – provides financial support for social history projects undertaken by members of the Society.
- Local History Marker Program – provides financial assistance to community groups to purchase our cast aluminum plaques.
- Saskatchewan Historical Recognition Registry – free certificates are provided to SHFS Members to recognize continued family ownership of farms, homes or businesses for 80 years or more.
- Everett Baker Slide Collection – Our collection of 10,000 colour slides from the 1940s & 1950s is used extensively by SHFS in presenting a pictorial view of our province’s social past.
- SHFS Award – presented annually in recognition of an individual or organization that has made an outstanding contribution to the understanding of Saskatchewan’s social history.
- SHFS Bursary – a $300 bursary available to a qualifying University of Regina second year undergraduate student enrolled with the College of Arts & Science with a major in history.
- Four issues of Folklore magazine
- The SHFS Bulletin
- Express your opinion
- Promote your book or work in the Bulletin
- Reduced fares on our History on the Road summer motorcoach tours
- Qualify for our Member Funding Program
- Access to the Resource Centre for Sport, Culture & Recreation
- Join committees or the Board of Directors
(includes Folklore magazine & Tour discounts)
|Subscription to Folklore
Clilck on Membership to print out a membership registration form.
SHFS is unable to process online payments but will accept major credit cards (MasterCard, VISA, American Express) over the phone. Please call 1-800-919-9437 or (306) 780-9204.
Payments by cheque can be mailed to:
1860 Lorne Street